Term 5, 2021 in Progress
We are currently running Covid-safe, in-studio classes as well as Hanger@Home. You are welcome to join any of our casual classes highlighted in yellow and blue below. Please book online in advance, as our class numbers are capped for your safety and enjoyment!
We specialise in offering the most comprehensive pole fitness curriculum, catering to all levels – from complete beginners to professional competitors. Check out our POLE COURSES PAGE and join the one that suits your level. Still not sure? Send us a message! Here are some highlights:
- H66 INTRO TO POLE (Monday, 8pm – starting 30th August or Saturday, 10am – starting 4th September) – These four-week courses are perfect for ABSOLUTE beginners who are new to pole fitness and would like a little taster of what pole dancing is! Intro to Pole contains basic spins, transitions, and tricks so you feel confident to attend any casual class or move onto the Beginner 8 Week block. Our Intro Courses are priced at only $85 and can be purchased here.
- BEGINNER POLE (Wednesday, 6pm – starting 30th August) – Already committed to learning how to pole and would like to start? H66 Beginner is a great place to start your pole fitness journey! In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of pole dancing – the basic spins, how to climb and sit on the pole. Once you have a hold on these, you will start learning to join moves together, learning to invert and other cool tricks. There are no pre-requisites for this course, but it may be helpful for you to complete Intro to Pole first.
- ADVANCED POLE (Thursdays, 6pm – starting 2nd September) – In the Advanced course, you will learn to connect 3-4 aerial tricks into flawless combos, start working on your high-level tricks such as the Russian split, twisted grip flags, and some death-defying drops. All class pre-requisites can be found here.
- ELITE POLE (Tuesday, 7pm – starting 31st August) – This class is for top-level pole dancers, where you can test your skills learn a range of dynamic, strength and flexibility tricks. Everything you’ve seen the top Australian pole dancers do, you can learn in this class! Fonjis, flips and all kind of splits, but also a lot of tricks that don’t even have a name yet! This class isn’t for the faint-hearted and you must have considerable pole dancing experience. There is a long list of pre-requisites, that can be found here.
What happens, when lockdown happens? In order to oblige with the government safety requirements, pole courses will not run. We will offer replacement classes or class passes where appropriate.
Don’t get stuck in a fitness rut – keep it fresh with our casual classes. Our casual classes are FREE to all members!
- STRETCH AND CONDITIONING (Mondays, 5pm) – This class will focus on combining strength and flexibility to build your active flexibility! Join us to work on the right conditioning exercises to achieve not just an amazing range of motion, but the strength to transition into gorgeous flexible shapes both on and off the pole.
- ZUMBA (Wednesdays, 7pm) – Want to workout without feeling like you’re working out? Join us for ZUMBA! This class is designed to help you get a great workout by mixing low and high intensity moves to give you an amazing cardio session. This class will get you working on your fitness, balance, flexibility, conditioning and may even teach you some cool Latin dance moves!
- @hanger.66 (Tuesdays, 6pm) – Is there a trending new move or a combo you want to try? Then send it through and you will get to learn it in class. Your instructor will break down complex moves into accessible and safe elements and will advise on any specific pre-requisites you may need to achieve before attempting the entire set with confidence. Suitable for intermediate+ pole dancers
- YOGA (Tuesdays, 6pm) – Join us for an energising power flow class, from where you build your strength and stamina. Bring awareness back to your breathing while you move through the flow and poses during this clsass. The power flow class has a good balance of warming up, flow, challenges, and neutralization, so that students will gain well-rounded benefit from each practice.
- WORK THE FLOOR (Tuesdays, 5pm) – Join us for a specialised floorwork casual designed to teach and help you nail your floorwork and transitions every time! From fishflops to shoulderstands and everything in between, join us weekly to work on your technique to ensure you’re executing your floorwork tricks cleanly and safely!
- PILATES (Mondays, 6pm) – Pilates improves flexibility, builds strength and develops control and endurance in the entire body. It puts emphasis on alignment, breathing, developing a strong core and improving coordination and balance. Pilates’ system allows for different exercises to be modified in range of difficulty from beginner to advanced. Intensity can be increased over time as the body conditions and adapts to the exercises. Mat Pilates is performed at Hanger 66.
UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF FLEXIBILITY
Let’s focus on your upper body mobility this term!
Chelle is teaching two four-week Turbo courses that run at our dedicated stretch space.
Learn to unlock the secret to flexibility with us through our special turbo series running on Mondays at 8pm!
- Join us in focussing on ‘Unlock the hips’ (starting 30th August) to learn the muscles and trigger points to release the muscle tensions holding you back in your hip mobility and flexibility to benefit you in your front and middle split flexibility.
- This course will be followed by ‘Unlock the shoulders’ (starting 27th September). This course is designed to focus on improving shoulder, upper back/cervical spine range, understanding your anatomy and how you can specifically unlock upper back flexibility through trigger pointing, stretches and conditioning.
BECOME A MEMBER
We specialise in offering the most comprehensive pole fitness curriculum, catering to all levels – from complete beginners to professional competitors. Check out our POLE COURSES and join the one that suits your level. Still not sure? Send us a message! Here are some highlights:
Join us for Unlimited Casual Classes, FREE Practice and Jam Sessions and score 10% off all Blocks and Turbos! Wait, there is more – our Membership now gives you access to Hanger@Home, our very own Online Class Portal where students join our award-winning instructors in the comfort of their home. Our strictly limited class sizes make it possible for students of all levels to receive individual attention.
So if you take more than two classes a week – it makes sense to become a member! Here are your options:
- HNC – For $55 per week you can receive all the benefits, with no contract commitment! You may choose to cancel at any time, with two weeks notice. Join here.
- H6 – Priced at $50 per week, this membership requires a short 6-month commitment. Upon expiry of your six-month contract, you can cancel any time or upgrade to H12 to save $5 per week! Join here.
- H12 – This is the most popular option among our students. Priced at $45 per week, H12 requires a 12-month commitment and is sure to get you in the habit of consistent exercise and functional fitness. Join here.
Hanger@home shall go on! By popular demand, we are continuing to offer online classes with our amazing instructors. Please review the timetable and note that there are pole and non-pole classes available every day from Monday to Thursday. If you wish to get in touch and request more online classes – we’d love to hear from you via email.
At Hanger 66, we continue to receive an overwhelming level of interest in our speciality beginner courses – so, we have have extra classes running just for you! Choose from the options below:
Online classes are priced at $18 per person and class sizes are strictly capped at 12 people to guarantee individual attention from the instructor. Online membership is priced at $25 per week from June 8th.
Please book into classes using the usual online booking system. Then you will be a sent a link to access your class using Zoom (even if you are on the waiting list). Please cancel your booking if you are no longer able to attend – so others can join. Yes, we still have classes that are selling out weeks in advance. In preparation for your class, make sure you have Zoom installed and have tested your video and audio capabilities. Make sure your device is fully charged and there is minimal background noise. As a courtesy to others, enter the class with your mic on mute but feel free to unmute at any time and talk to others and your instructors.
FEES FOR STUDIO CASUAL CLASSES
We have a number of Casual Classes running every day, ranging from Pole to Pilates and everything in between! These are all highlighted in yellow on the timetable. You can pay as you go or you can buy a package to save money – you don’t need to be a member to enjoy classes at Hanger 66! If you are coming to three or more casual classes per week, we recommend you look into our memberships.
Purchase individual casuals or packs via our store – packages on the bookings page.
|Single Casual Class (in studio)||$25||1 casual class|
|5 Class Pack||$100 (Save $25)||5 casual classes|
|13 Class Pack||$250 (Save $75!)||13 casual classes|
|7 Day Pass||$80||Unlimited|
|Open Practice / Hanger Jam||$10||1 session|
|Junior Class Pass||$15||1 class|
Please be assured that we are maintaining a high standard of hygiene within the studio and we appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
2/24 Brereton Street
South Brisbane 4101
We enjoy free street parking available on weekends and after 5pm weekdays