Take Flight 2019
Tickets are on sale now!
Take Flight is Hanger 66’s very own in-house pole competition to be held on Saturday, 19th of October 2019.
This event presents an opportunity for Hanger 66 students to polish their favourite tricks and share their passion with friends and family. Competitors are encouraged to pick a category that best represents their area of interest, and explore their creativity with help from our experienced instructors.
Take Flight will also host guest performances, independent judges and a performance from the H66 instructor team. We are extending the invitation to all members of the Brisbane pole community (and beyond!) to join us in celebration of our home-grown talent. Tickets are priced at $55.
- Novice – Never competed before? This category was introduced with you in mind! There is no restriction on dance style as long as you take your first step into the spotlight with us.
- Art –With a focus on movement and musicality, this category gives you the opportunity to get creative and tell a story.
- Sport – Competitors are expected to confidently perform tricks and transitions smoothly while showcasing their strength and flexibility
- Exotic – Love those high heels and a more “come hither” type of dance? Whether you are inspired by Russian Exotic or the more sensual, slinky type of exotic dancing, we encourage you to step into your best Pleasers and show us your moves!
Venue: Cannon Hill Anglican College, CHAC theatre
Address: Cnr Junction and Krupp roads Cannon Hill QLD 4170
Doors Open: 5:00pm
Event starts: 5:30pm
- Execution – How to enter, exit and hold a trick.
- Lines and extensions – Neat, long, extended lines. Correctly positioned and with pointed feet and no tension in your hands.
- Strength- Power of the arms, core and legs. Holding and controlling the tricks and transitions.
- Flexibility – Range of motion of the shoulders, legs and back.
- Dynamic movement – Refers to the body in motion, power of the movement and control of the momentum (drops, catches, leg switches, spins that take the body away from the pole, etc.).
- Transition and flow – Movements between tricks, from pole to floor and floor to pole.
- Presentation and stage presence – Costume, music interpretation, story, use of stage, x-factor.
- Synchronisation – If performing as a double or trio you will be judged on synchronisation on and off the pole.
|Lines & Extensions||20||10||10||20|
|Transition & Flow||10||20||10||20|
|Presentation & Stage Presence||20||20||10||20|
First and second placing for each category will be announced.
Adam is the Australian Pole Champion, Mr Pole Dance World 2016 and 2015 champion, as well as the winner the first International Pole Dance Championship by Alex Schukin. Recently, he cleaned up in Pole Theatre, winning Comedy, Classique and Overall titles. He has represented Australia at the International Pole Championship, first male representative since 2012. Adam is known for his dynamic movement, fierce attitude and ability to tell stories through his performances. He has travelled around the world performing, teaching, competing and judging at national and international events.
Nicole loves how Pole brings people together, whilst improving your strength, flexibility, self esteem and general well being. She loves to help people reach their full potential and is now the proud owner of Pole Catz Australia Dance Fitness Studios
on the Gold Coast.
She has since been teaching for 7 years and entered and won her first amateur comp in 2012.
Tammy ” Bam Bam”
Tammy AKA BamBam is a professional pole dancer who instructs at several studios in the Brisbane area as well as an instructor on Polesphere website and Ecole De Pole instructor trainer!. Coming from a background in jazz and contemporary dance along with a strong impulse to climb just about anything, she fell instantly in love with pole dancing from day 1!
Having recently won the Queensland Pole Championships she will be competing for the third time at APC in November! Whilst Tammy loves performing, her true passion is instructing. She is incredibly passionate about health and fitness.