Laura started pole dancing in 2014 after being a swimmer for over a decade. After moving to Brisbane, she joined Hanger 66 as one of the original students and the rest is history. She started her competing journey and went on to win titles in solos and doubles with a major highlight being crowned Queensland Pole Championships Amateur and Groups winner in the same year.
In 2021, she joined the teaching crew and loves being able to watch her students grow to new heights and sometimes even surprise themselves with a new flip or two!
Laura is no stranger to the stage, successfully accumulating several titles for Pole Dancing under her belt:
- 2nd Place at Regional Queensland Pole Competition 2016 Amateur Division
- 2nd Place at Pole Expressions 2017 Open Division
- 1st Place at Pole Expressions 2018 Doubles Division
- 1st Place at Take Flight 2018 Art Division (as L^2)
- 3rd Place at Queensland Pole Championship 2018 Groups Division
- 3rd Place at Pole Expression 2019 Classique Division
- 1st Place at Queensland Pole Championship 2019 Amateur Division
- 1st Place at Queensland Pole Championship 2019 Groups Division
- 1st Place at Queensland Pole Championship 2020 Groups Division
- 2nd Place at Australia Pole Championship 2020 Groups Division
Follow Laura’s pole journey on Instagram @the.fitness.fish